8 August 2008

Poetry by Fred Lindberg


The Crises

The moment for honest conversation
was clearly not now
The air infected with germs
and bad sleep
The night`s were cold
yet wet from sweat
(get up and change the sheets)
The early sleepless mornings
were a constant headache
I stroked some blue hair
from her forehead and said,
don't worry honey
It`s not us
It`s just the flu


My Friend

I heard from a mutual
friend
that I had raped you

Is that true, I said

judging by her look
she was tap dancing in my brain

I don't know, what do you think...
she answered while tightening the shoe laces
of her steel toed Doctor Martens boots

Anyway that was a long time ago and
I used to love you back then

The way she played
with my balls
while saying that
made it impossible for me
to understand what it really meant

I tried to stay focused and said with
a firm voice

I'm a changed man now!

She leaned over to my girlfriend and
whispered in her ear

I know, that`s why I love him again.

No comments: